WORKSHOPS FOR RESTAURANT & CATERING STAFF
WINE KNOWLEDGE | FOOD MATCHING | SELLING WINE
HERE’S THE THING…
You’re restaurant is only as good as the staff on the front line
Investing in staff training is the key to maximising the potential value of any guest or customer. Confident & knowledgeable people increase sales, improve the customer experience and leave a positive lasting impression.
In addition to wine list evaluation & development, Clare from The Humble Tumbler has plenty of experience training staff in the areas of:
- General wine knowledge: quality evaluation, describing wine, styles, grape varieties, regions & faults.
- Basic wine service: glassware, storing & serving
- Improving wine related vocabulary to increase confidence and sales
- Food and wine matching for catering and degustation menu development
- Food and wine matching for restaurant floor staff communication
Clare will tailor a workshop to suit your needs – here are some popular options
- A two hour workshop, conducted at the restaurant – using a selection of wines from the wine list. This covers general wine knowledge, tasting, evaluation and vocabulary development. It focuses on the menu and wine list at that particular time – and is designed to increase confidence & up-selling on the floor.
- Similar to the above concept – with a focus on wines from the wine list, in addition to extra wines brought in to showcase particular styles and varieties. This is a more intermediate option – great for expanding basic knowledge.
- A food and wine matching focused session – gives attendees plenty of practical ways to talk about and up-sell degustation and menu matches
Just call Clare on 0433 277 211 or email clare(at)thehumbletumbler.com.au for training options and pricing.